Lawrence Township, Clearfield County, PA (CPTN)-- The Corner, was called to a Thursday morning accident in Clearfield County.
According to dispatch, the accident happened on I-80, near the Flegal Road overpass at around 9:30 AM.
Coroner Kim Shaffer-Snyder tells CPTN that the deceased individual, was a 23-year-old man from Punxsutawney.
Investigators say that the accident happened, after the man's tire blew out, causing him to lose control of his vehicle.
That's when the vehicle hit into several guide rails, ultimately striking the cement pillar of that overpass, trapping the driver.
According to police, the driver of that vehicle, was pronounced dead at the scene of that accident.
Due to that accident, traffic was backed up from I-80 Exit 120 (PA-879), all the way to the Clearfield-Philipsburg interchange (US-322) on the PA-879 bypass.
Now, that part of I-80 was cleared for travel hours later, as the identity of the deceased individual is pending an autopsy.
